The Alternatives to Violence Project (AVP) is a multi-cultural volunteer organization of Marylanders dedicated to reducing interpersonal violence in our society.
The AVP program offers experiential workshops that empower people to lead nonviolent lives through affirmation, respect for all, community building, cooperation and trust.
There are currently volunteer organizations conducting workshops in the following Maryland correctional institutions:
- Eastern Correctional Institution
- Jessup Correctional Institution
- Maryland Correctional Institution-Hagerstown
- Maryland Correctional Institution-Jessup
- Maryland Correctional Institution for Women
- Maryland Correctional Training Center
- Patuxent Institution
- Roxbury Correctional Institution
Interested in seeing a listing of upcoming events and workshops scheduled in Maryland click here.
If you would like to learn about attending a workshop, how to become a facilitator, organize a community workshop or just learn how you can support AVP in Maryland; send us an e-mail via Contact Us.
AVP-Maryland is affiliated with AVPUSA as a subordinate 501©(3) organization. To learn more about the AVP national organization go to AVPUSA.org